Fatbike races are coming back at the Gatineau Loppet with the collaboration of the Ottawa Mountain Bike Association (AVMO/OMBA) Fatbike Festival. Races will be held on Saturday February 17th, 2018.
Come ride with us on the exceptionally accessible trails of the Club de golf Hautes-Plaines and on a new course between Chelsea and Gatineau!
- All racers have to get their bib at the École secondaire Mont-Bleu on Friday, February 16th from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. or the Club de golf Hautes-Plaines on Saturday, February 17, before the race.
- We also recommend that all racers arrive one hour before the start of their race.
- Registration includes your license valid of the race (Value of 5 $). If you hold a racing license with the FQSC or another UCI recognized cycling federation, then please bring your license and you’ll be refunded after the race.
- 10km and 20km : 12 years old and under need to be accompanied by an adult registered for the same race
- 40km : 16 years old and under need to be accompanied by an adult registered for the same race.
- On site registrations will open on friday February 16th at 5 pm at Mont-Bleu High School.
Start of the 20km and 40km at the Club de golf Hautes-Plaines. Due to the distance and difficulty of the course, this race is recommended only for experienced cyclists.
Start of the 10km at the Club de golf Hautes-Plaines. Races accessible to cyclists of all levels.
Bikes allowed for races must be fat bikes with a minimum tire width of 3.5 inches.
- The use of homemade screws/studs or the use of any other “homemade” methods are not allowed.
- Studded tires are allowed on fat bikes if: the studs extend no more than 3 mm from the tire thread and the studs were part of tire manufacturing or the studs which were added to the tires were made specifically for cycling.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event? Directly at the Club de golf Hautes-Plaines. There is a large parking lot, however, carpooling is highly recommended!
What can I bring to the event? Your fatbike! Spare clothes for after the race (lockers available at the Club de golf Hautes-Plaines). And refueling for during your effort.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions? By sending us an email at email@example.com