2019 Gatineau Loppet Elite Race Details – 51 km CLASSIC
The Gatineau Loppet has a rich history of bringing some of the very best loppet racers from Canada and the world to Gatineau. This is a tradition that the Gatineau Loppet is working hard to preserve!
Some famous past winners and participants among the men include Pauli Siitonen (Finland), Örjan Blomquist (Sweden), Stanislav Řezáč (Czech Republic), Bill Koch (US) and Canada’s own Pierre Harvey.
Women’s winners include Canadian National Team members such as Marie-Andrée Masson, Angela Schmidt-Foster, Dasha Gaïazova, and Jane Vincent as well international competitors such as Muffy Ritz (United States) Maria Theurl (Austria) and Gudrun Pflüger (Austria).
Canadian Long Distance Loppet Championship event:
- 51 km classical technique, Saturday February 16, 2019
- Course, from the Municipality of La Pêche, Wakefield sector (P17) to Gatineau (Relais Plein Air)
- Sanction/points, FIS and Cross Country Canada
- Prize money women and men
► 1st : $1 200
► 2nd : $ 600
► 3rd : $ 200
- Seeding, assigned start positions for licensed FIS (points) and CCC (points) racers, others by past results for similar events
Elite accommodation program:
In order to attract elite skiers, a limited number of hotel rooms have been reserved for Friday and Saturday night of race weekend. Elite women and men skiers participating in the 51 km classical technique event, who have a realistic chance of recording a top 3 finish, can be awarded free accommodations.