RESULTS – DAY 1 AT THE GATINEAU LOPPET
Gatineau, February 15, 2020 – Close to 1,300 skiers braved a cold February morning to take part in the first day of the 42nd edition of the Gatineau Loppet in the Gatineau Park today, with Sara Graves (USA) and Fabian Stocek (CZE) taking first place in the signature 50 km classic race.
50 km Classic presented by the Municipality of Chelsea
- Sara Graves, Stowe, VT, USA (3:11:08)
- Annavitte Rand, Portland, ME, USA (3:21:53)
- Pat Pearce, Vernon, BC, CAN (3:24:50)
- Fabian Stocek, Jilemnice, CZE (2:37:47)
- Chris Burnham, Stowe, VT, USA (2:39.48)
- Neal Graves, Stowe, VT, USA (2:43.57)
27 km Classic presented by Le Spa Nordik and Hendrick Farm
- Jillian Flower, Collingwood, ON, CAN (1:53:33)
- Katherine Knight, Ottawa, ON, CAN (1:54.36)
- Coralie Beauchamp, Outremont, QC, CAN (1:54:37)
- Philippe Quessy, Drummondville, QC, CAN (1:30:23)
- Jimmy Pellerin, Saint-Etienne-des-Gres, QC, CAN (1:30:24)
- Stephen Flower, Collingwood, ON, CAN (1:30:49)
15 km Classic presented by Auclair
- Alyssa Stowe, CAN (58:07)
- Caitlin Stowe, CAN (1:01:05)
- Camille Lamothe, Amos, QC, CAN (1:01:33)
- Justin Croteau, Cantley, QC, CAN (46:09)
- Evan Kealey, Ottawa, ON, CAN (49:10)
- Jean-Nicolas de Broeck, Gatineau, ON, CAN (50:04)
5 km Classic presented by Tourisme Outaouais
- Kaitlin Dustin, CAN (18:36)
- Rachel Lambley, Kanata, ON, CAN (19:54)
- Renee Hegan, Ottawa, ON, CAN (19:57)
- Isaac Fantin, Chelsea, QC, CAN (17:03.1)
- Jonas Wynen, Wakefield, QC, CAN (17:03.7)
- Ryan Lambley, Ottawa, ON, CAN (17:47)
All results and detailed participant numbers are available at Sportstats.ca.
Ski and weather conditions for Sunday, February 16, 2020
With a 27 cm base at P8 and the National Capital Commission recommending all of the trails in the Gatineau Park, organizers are thrilled with the conditions.
The weather forecast for Sunday is light snow and a high of 2 degrees Celcius.
Schedule, Sunday, February 16, 2020
6:30 a.m. – Ski Show and registration (Cégep de l’Outaouais – Campus Gabrielle-Roy)
9:00 a.m. – 50 km Freestyle; Presented by Swix and the National Capital Commission (NCC)
9:00 a.m. – 27 km Freestyle; Presented by Le spa Nordik & Hendrick Farm
12:00 p.m. – Mini 2 km; Presented by Decathlon and the NCC
1:00 p.m. – 10 km Freestyle; Presented by Otto’s Subaru
1:20 p.m. – Provincial Snowshoe Championship; Presented by Snowshoe Canada
2:30 p.m. – Awards presentation by Alex Harvey (Ski Show at Cégep de l’Outaouais – Campus Gabrielle-Roy)
About the Gatineau Loppet
The Gatineau Loppet will be held from February 15-16 through the wonderful and challenging trials of the Gatineau Park. An expected 2,500 participants from around the world will compete in classic and freestyle races ranging from 2km to 50km.
The Gatineau Loppet is one of many stops on the WorldLoppet Tour, an organization that comprises of 20 long distances skiing events throughout the world. Canada, and Gatineau has hosted this event for 42 years.
The 2020 Gatineau Loppet is run by the PMI Sports, an expert in the organization of events, in collaboration with the Administration and Organizing Committee, whose members work passionately to make this event a national success.
The Gatineau Loppet would like to thank its main partners who help make the event a success.Thank you to the Government of Quebec, City of Gatineau, National Capital Commission, Bicyclettes de Hull, Swix, Nordik spa, Hendrick farm, the Municipality of Chelsea, Fisher, Auclair, Fresh Air Experience, Salomon, Surge Active Wear, Uniform Urban Developments, Xact nutrition, and Otto’s Subaru.
For more information, visit the event website: www.gatineauloppet.com
Maryse Lacelle (onsite contact over the weekend)
Annie Boucher (pre-interviews and information)
Fuse Communications and Public Affairs